Air Drop Coordinator
South Sudan Jobs ( southsudanJobs.com )
Prepares the drop zone site as per provided guidelines and standard.
· In coordination with the Field coordinator or team leader, prepare drop zone and materials prior to receipt of drops and confirming readiness to receive drops.
· Provide leadership in specific technical areas of competence, i.e. air lift and drop zone coordination.
· In coordination with the Logistics Officer, provide ground clearance for final dropping to take place.
· Provide daily situation report including, weather, security and progress of commodity receipt report at the drop site against expected consignment.
· Manage logistics operations at the drop site, including coordinating with local authorities (RRC/RRA) to secure the drop zone during the drops or cargo receipt in a safe manner.
· Provide proper documentation for cargo hand over (food and non food commodities) at the drop zone to the designated respective CP or programme appointed staff for distribution.
· Ensure all food dropped is reconstituted/re-bagged and accounted for including loses realised upon ground impact.
· Organise regular meetings with the authorities and communicate, the purpose of the drops and expectations from them in order to ensure crowd control and thus have safe air drops.
· Maintain communication with logistics officer at CO on the situation on ground provide periodic updates on the progress of activities and devise measures for improvement at field level where necessary.
· Consolidate and provide daily Air delivery/drop report through designated radio rooms or direct to Logistics Officer Air Operations.
· Drop Zone Coordinator shall participate in assessment of new drop sites and demarcation of drop zones in the emergency areas.
· Ensure that all communication gadgets provided are functional and faulty ones replaced timely to avoid cancellation of flights due to faulty communication gadgets.
· Ensure, timely accurate and complete drop zone coordinates are provided to the designated focal personnel prior to receipt of drops.
· Supervise staff and local man power to clear the drop zone timely and ensure maximum drops per day thus optimum use of air assets.
· Ensure that all staff are adequately trained and coordinated in order to achieve high working standards;
The Air Drop Coordinator will report to the Logistics Officer Air Operations and is under the functional supervision of the Head of Logistics of South Sudan in Juba.
Commitment, dedication and work ethics highly required in this job. Good organization and planning skills, possess the ability to interpret and analyze a wide variety of data and identify and resolve data discrepancies and operational problems, a high sense of initiative and good judgment, ability to conduct field assessments and to handle a large volume of work quickly and accurately under time constraints, customer – service oriented individual with the ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Ability to resolve conflicts and have a clean accountable track record.
Education: Secondary School education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to Aviation sector particularly cargo handling or any training related to Aviation cargo transport activities, will be an added advantage.
Experience: At least one year of progressively responsible Aviation cargo transport or warehousing experience with minimum one year in the field of aviation logistics, transport, warehouse operations or other related field.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills: Good working knowledge and experience using MS Office applications. Very good command of English language and knowledge of local Arabic.
The Air Drop Coordinator will be based in the field with extensive travel to various Emergency areas in South Sudan
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link:
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.